As a Network Marketing professional, at some point you are going to run out of warm market.
Hopefully at that point you’ve talked to everyone you know about your business and even if you haven’t, maybe you want to fill sometime in your schedule with cold leads.
Let’s talk about cold market leads and how to turn them into warm market and then into business prospects.
6 Tips on Prospecting Cold Market Leads for Network Marketers
Tips to Working Cold Market Leads Successfully:
1. It’s all about your mindset
You need to stop thinking of yourself as a sales person and that you are the one that needs them. Your posture needs to be that you are a business developer. You are interviewing people to see if they are qualified to work with you. Stop selling and start interviewing.
2. Use a duplicatable tool or process to present your business other than yourself
Use a tool, use a process, something that’s duplicatable in order to expose the leads to your business. If you share a DVD with your lead and they get started, now they (because of that duplicatable philosophy) will probably do with their prospects what you did with them. Now they can share the DVD or they can share the link or they can invite out to a home meeting or a webinar. Whatever tool or process you use, you want it to be other than yourself.
You don’t want to be the deal because if you’re not a good presenter than that’s going to be a hindrance.
Here’s what’s even worse… if you actually do sign them up and you did all the talking, now that person will try to do what you did and that is not duplicatable.
Examples of Tools to Use to Present Your Business:
- A capture page system – where your leads have to opt in. They put their name and email address to go through an organized presentation to take a look at the overview
- If it’s a local lead, invite them out to a local event whether it’s a home event or a hotel event
- Maybe your company does three way calls or presentation calls
- Whatever your process is you have got to use that process to present to your leads.
3. Fill your pipeline. Talk to as many leads and prospects as possible.
You have got to fill your pipeline. You need to work as many leads, talk to as many prospects, and usually takes about ninety days to create that flow.
4. Use a follow-system
You’ve got to have a system in place. You got to get organized. There’s no excuse for having people slip through the cracks, which is why we like using a CRM, which is an online database that you can utilize.
We use MyDuplicationAcademy.com. There are lots of CRM’s our there, choose one that fits your needs. Maybe your upline recommends a certain system to use.
Here are 2 ways that we keep track of our exposures:
- A Capture Page System – a great looking one page site where prospects must enter their name and email to access the presentation. There is an auto-responder in place. Great way to build up a list of all the exposures!
- Follow Up Book – we have an office store print out 30-40 copies of the follow up sheet and bind them into a “follow-up” book. In my follow up book, I put little notes about each person and I can go back through that book anytime. When I have some down time, I go through and look at some of my exposures, and do some follow ups.
5. Think long-term.
You are going to go through a lot of numbers. You are going to talk to a lot of people. There are going to be people that say yes, there are going to be people that say no, which is really just not now, and there are going to be maybes.
Just be okay with the fact that some people might join today and some people might join ten years from now, but if you have long term vision it shouldn’t matter.
6. Connect with them on Facebook. When they know, like and trust you, chances are … they will upgrade themselves to do business with you!
As you go through your interviewing process and you identify those leads that you have that connection with, the very best thing you can do is connect with them on Facebook, especially if you follow our teaching and you set up your Facebook profile to give you instant credibility and likability.
When you can take somebody that doesn’t know you, like or trust you just yet, and let them be marinated in your awesome Facebook incubator and they realize that you’re a successful leader, they now wouldn’t be able to say NO to you.
Building your Facebook list (or whatever kind of social media platform you use as your hub), building your audience, building your following equals abundance of people to talk to. Think long-term and remember…
We have an awesome training for you (if you want to take it to the next level) that we did with a gentlemen that’s personally enrolled over seventy people in the last twelve months from leads. He did a very good training all about how to succeed with cold market leads, the scripts that he uses, best leads to buy, etc.
If you are ready to dive deeper and want to recruit minimum two to five people a month through cold leads, this training is for you. Click here to get instant access.
You can buy twenty to fifty leads today and now you have an abundance of leads. You’ve got to be in the abundance mindset. It’s so very important to get yourself some leads, whether you buy them or you generate them yourself. Make sure you are in abundance mindset.
Additional Resources to Help You Master Calling Cold Market Leads:
- How to Prospect Cold Market Leads with Justin Poletti training (learn how to succeed by calling leads)
- Online Marketing System with a CRM (if you don’t have one yet)
- Lead Store we recommend – refer to this training to learn what leads are the best and the script to use
- John’s manual follow up book (get Office Store to print out 30-50 copies and put them in a book)
- 4 Offline Cold Market Prospecting Tips Blog Post
- How to Follow up with Unresponsive Prospects – Killer Blog Post
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources (and on a shoe-string budget). Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
Our mission is to teach you how to build a business that gives you FREEDOM with your time and FREEDOM with your finances.
PS. If Your Upline Doesn’t Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Facebook Marketing Success, Click Here to Reserve Your Seat for Our Workshop and Quickly Learn How to Build Your Network Marketing Business with Facebook (Unless You Already Recruit 3-5 People/Week).
If you enjoyed the video 6 Tips on Prospecting Cold Market Leads for Network Marketers, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!