Whether you are an entrepreneur or a Network Marketer, now is the perfect time for you to start building your personal brand online. Creating a strong personal brand establishes you as a leader in your niche and that creates unlimited opportunities. The minute you begin building your brand, you actually take charge of your life.
Can you imagine the day you are no longer a hostage to economy or one company (business)? Companies come and go, but if your personal brand is build correctly, it can last forever.
What is Personal Branding?
You are your personal brand. It’s your offline and online reputation. Many of us work really hard to build an excellent reputation offline. To completely transform your financial life, take your offline reputation online!
As we took our brands online, we saw exponential growth inside our businesses.
Personal branding is the process of optimizing your online presence.
Let’s get started by checking your current stats. We think it’s important to become present with the facts of where your brand stands right now.
- Open a new Incognito Window so your browser is free of any personalized data
- Type in your first and last name and take a look at the results
Here are the results that come up when we google John’s name. As you notice here, his name is more common. When we started building his personal brand, we chose to brand ‘Real John Melton’. So if your name is common or hard to spell, you might want to think about the best way to brand it.
Once you make that decision, it’s a great strategy is to use that brand name across all your Social Media platforms and your blog if possible.
Here is what you will notice from these google searches:
- John’s personal blog is the backbone to building his personal brand
- Social Media platforms have been a huge part of our personal branding strategy
5 Steps to Building Your Personal Brand with Social Media
1. Choose 1-3 areas of expertise
What separates you from everyone else? What’s unique about you? What advice or knowledge do people come to you for? What fires you up?
The ultimate question is this: What do you want to be known for?
2. Create consistent branding across your Social Media Profiles
If you were to search big brands like Apple across Social Media profiles, you will find consistent imagery, look and feel. It’s so helpful when profiles match up.
Branding Assets on Social Media:
- Your Vanity URLs (ex: Facebook.com/RealJohnMelton, Twitter.com/RealJohnMelton, Instagram.com/RealJohnMelton, Pinterest.com/RealJohnMelton, etc.)
- Same look and feel across the platforms: BIO, profile picture, cover photo
A great tool you can utilize to secure your chosen vanity URL (brand name) across many Social Media platforms is Knowem.
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Dress up your graphics with Canva. This is one of our all time favorite free tools. Canva makes design so simple for everyone. If your graphics don’t pop, check this tool out.
3. Post valuable content every day to your most valued platforms
Share your enthusiasm and your expertise. The more value you pore into the market place, the more success you will achieve. This is the secret to transforming your business from chasing to attracting.
Content formula to success is 90/10 rule. 90% of the time focus on providing valuable content. 10% of the time, find cool and fun ways to showcase your product, business or service.
What is valuable content? Something that Educates, Inspires or Entertains.
This can be something you create or something that you share. Avoid overly promoting your product, service or your business on every post. Run your Social Media profile like a TV channel. Be sure your wall is not an infomercial channel.
A small disclaimer here: don’t overwhelm yourself with all the platforms. We teach to establish your main hub (it’s Facebook for us), master it and then add on 1-3 secondary platforms to your branding strategy. The last thing you want to do is try to attack all the platforms, spray your energy all over and get no results.
4. Connect, connect, connect!
A huge reason for our success has been the ability to cultivate amazing relationships.
Inside this video, you will discover our top 4 Branding Tips for Success.
- Make Videos. Many successful Network Marketers and Entrepreneurs became successful by recording videos daily.
- Be active with your Social Media accounts. Interact with your audience. You have to let them feel that what they are following is human and not just a spam or a robot.
- ILT – Invest – Learn – Teach
- Keep it Classy. Protect your online image. Filter your posts.
5. Monitor Your Personal Brand
Set up a google alert for your name. If you have some negative publicity out there, produce valuable content.
Super proud of you for doing something that most people will never do and that is to separate yourself from everyone else to build your brand. See for us, the decision to build our personal brand turned out to be the BEST business decision ever!
Now it’s time to take action! Are you fired up?
Remember: nobody can sign your song, write your book or dance your dance. The world needs your insights, gifts and your message. You are on this planet for a reason. It’s time for you to bring it!
Awesome Branding & Marketing Quotes:
Social Media is changing the way we communicate and the way we are perceived, both positively and negatively. Every time you post a photo, or update your status, you are contributing to your own digital footprint and personal brand. – Amy Jo Martin
Transforming a brand into a socially responsible leader doesn’t happen overnight by simply writing new marketing and advertising strategies. It takes effort to identify a vision that your customers will find credible and aligned with their values. – Simon Mainwaring
Brand is not a product, that’s for sure; it’s not one item. It’s an idea, it’s a theory, it’s a meaning, it’s how you carry yourself. It’s aspirational, it’s inspirational. – Kevin Plank
Define what your brand stands for, its core values and tone of voice, and then communicate consistently in those terms. – Simon Mainwaring
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. – Albert Einstein
Additional Resources to Help You Build Your Business:
- How to Use the ATM Facebook Group Strategy to Sell and Recruit More
- Facebook Page VS. Facebook Profile – Which is Better for Audience Reach?
- Best Closing Questions and Tips for Network Marketers
- How to Effectively Follow up with Your Prospects (without being weird)
- LIKE Our Page to Plug into our LIVE Videos Here
Want to Know What Tools we Use to Build Our Business and Our Brand?
- Resources – we often get asked what tools we use and recommend, so we put together one page with all our favorite resources (and on a shoe-string budget). Enjoy!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. We can’t wait to see your comments!
Our mission is to teach you how to build a business that gives you FREEDOM with your time and FREEDOM with your finances.
PS. If Your Upline Doesn’t Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Facebook Marketing Success, Click Here to Reserve Your Seat for Our Workshop and Quickly Learn How to Build Your Network Marketing Business with Facebook (Unless You Already Recruit 3-5 People/Week).
If you enjoyed the video 5 Steps to Building Your Personal Brand on Social Media, be sure to like, share or comment below! Let’s crush it!